The idea behind this is for you to gain control of what people can learn about you online. You search for others and relatives, recruiters, customers, hiring managers, and even strangers are searching for you.
Here are 3 simple reasons why googling yourself is important.
- see yourself online as others do
- know who else shares your name and business name
- find out if anyone is talking about you
Here are 4 simple tips to help you search.
- narrow your search terms
- use quotes around the exact words you want to find
- use OR between two different searches along with quotes
- use a city, state, town, country in your search terms
Get control of who you are and how you are perceived online!
Backgroundcheck.org created The Google Yourself Challenge.