In the time it takes for you to be reading this post, you could have glanced at a photo understood what it was all about and gone back to work, and thinking about how you should have posted a video to promote your product.
Here are 21 awesome reasons why you should be posting visual content on behalf of your business across a varied number of social sites.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- Out of 100 people, 40% will respond better to visual information than plain text.
- a website’s design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company say’s a whopping 46.1% of people.
- Publishers who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t.
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement.
- On Facebook, photos perform best for likes, comments, and shares as compared to text, video, and links.
- 37% of Pinterest account holders log in a few times every week; Pinterest is an all visual site, that has rapidly become the third largest social media site, based on its number of site visits March 2012.
- 98% of people surveyed with a Pinterest account said they also have a Facebook and/or Twitter account. side note: those accounts should be linked.
- Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined.
- Pinterest drives sales directly from its website — of people with Pinterest accounts, 21% have purchased an item after seeing it on Pinterest.
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females.
- “I’d rather watch a video, than read” – that’s what he said. Over 60 hours of videos are uploaded each minute on YouTube.com.
- 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them.
- Mobile video viewing increased 35% from 2010 to 2011.
- 25 million smartphone users stream 4 hours of mobile video per month. 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, 26% of whom use video at least once a day.
- Mobile video subscription is expected to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers.
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video.
- Mobile photo sharing sites like Instagram are now a part of our future and is one of the fastest growing social media trends of the last few years.
- Instagram has accumulated 15 million users who have uploaded more than 400 million photos in less than two years.
list adapted from: Hub Spot, Forbes, Price Grabber, SEOMoz and more…