- You should post unique content on each social network as often as possible.
- Connecting a Facebook Business Page to Twitter is great, Go at it! You can post to Twitter as much as you like.
- Connecting Twitter to Facebook I don’t recommend it – but sometimes it might be right
My friend Fran who is a savvy business woman using social media to stay connected with her clients, is a perfect example of how and when to consider posting from Twitter to Facebook.
When I began coaching Fran, she decided to focus on learning Twitter and getting comfortable with using it – so we decided to link her Twitter page to her Facebook business page. This strategy was used because she was afraid she would not have the time to post on both social networks and Fran wanted to learn how to use each network individually.
We considered our options and we decided better to stay connected with fans and followers on both networks – at the same time because in her case, not all the same followers were on twitter that were on facebook.
This was a temporary strategy – now that Fran is comfortable with using both Twitter and Facebook. She has wisely decided to stop her Twitter posts from posting to her Facebook wall and wants to now only have Facebook posts go to her Twitter feed.
This is smart because posting multiple times per day on Twitter is great, while posting multiple times on Facebook can be annoying at best and tune out your customers at worst.
So please keep in mind; that I do not recommend this strategy to everyone… and I do not think that it is the correct way to go in all circumstances. This situation worked for Fran. How you choose to post on your networks is entirely up to you and depends on where your comfort level lies and where your community will respond best to your efforts.
Social media, while there are a few hard rules — it is a marketing tool that should be used strategically. Not all networks work together and not all posts belong on each network.
How to connect Facebook and Twitter
How to connect your FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE to TWITTER
- Log in to the Facebook account you want to associate with your Facebook profile.
- In the URL bar type http://facebook.com/twitter
- You will see options to link your personal page and an option for your business page.
- Click Link to Twitter
- Choose what activities you would like linked.
- Save Changes
Your Facebook posts will now post to your Twitter feed.
Tip: Be mindful that Twitter only allows 140(ish) characters while Facebook now allows 5,000 characters. You might want to do a follow up Tweet if you post a long facebook post that goes on Twitter.
How to connect your TWITTER account to a FACEBOOK Business Page
- Log in to the Twitter account you want to associate with your Facebook profile.
- Go to your Settings menu’s Profile tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Sign in to Facebook and connect your accounts.
- When prompted, select the privacy settings for who will see your Tweets posted to your Facebook wall. It is set to public by default.
- Click Log in with Facebook and enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Click Allow to accept permissions.
- In your Twitter profile settings page, Select the page you’d like to connect to.
- When prompted, click to allow permission to post to the selected Facebook Page:
- Your Tweets will now post to your Business Facebook Page wall and your username will be displayed there as well.
@Replies will not be posted.
Tip: When posting from Twitter – try to NEVER use a hashtag on Twitter that will then go to Facebook.
Do you appreciate my free tips? Let me know your thought in the comments section – or start a conversation on your own facebook or twitter by sharing this post.